Welcome to our school!
Our vision is to have a school where outstanding learning takes place in a safe, happy and supportive environment
Our children want to learn to have a good life and to make a good life for future generations
We will do this by:
· Developing a strong sense of community which fosters mutual respect and relationships based on a balance of rights and responsibilities
· Creating an environment in which children and adults always strive to be the best they can be
· Encouraging children to be immersed in their own learning and development and respond well to feedback
· Having clear and challenging goals with children and teachers working together to achieve them
· Giving children opportunities to experience and learn from all aspects of the curriculum
· Creating a safe and inclusive environment where every child feels respected and can learn.
Dussindale Primary School opened in 2007 – at the time, the first brand new school in Norfolk for nearly 30 years. Our pupils have grown in number from 62 to 372 and we are still growing!. We are proud of everything that our community of children, families, staff and governors have achieved during these eight years, creating an exciting, dynamic and creative learning environment.
We will continue to build a strong and happy community in which children, staff, families and the wider community all have a voice. Our children are amazing! They have so many ideas about how they want their school to be and are really good at organising things for themselves. They care about each other and the wider world – in fact, about life, the universe and everything! We celebrate the diversity within our community and enjoy learning about the different languages, faiths and cultures of our families. With our curriculum we aim to guide our children towards the highest possible educational achievements, but also to become happy, responsible, well-rounded individuals with enquiring minds and a love of learning for life.
Our school is strongly committed to the safeguarding of children and equality of opportunity and we expect all members of the school community including staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.