Keeping children safe
About Safeguarding at Dussindale Primary School
Information for Parents/Carers
We all have a statutory duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and at our school we take this responsibility seriously and expect all visitors, volunteers and members of our school community to share our commitment. At school a key part of the work we do is teaching the children how to keep themselves safe; for example: e-safety, sun safety, water safety, stranger danger, road safety etc. Parents can find more on how they can help with this at home in the parents area.
Anyone who has concerns about the safety of a child or young person in our school has a duty to share this information immediately. Our school policies and procedures can be found in our Safeguarding incorporating Child Protection policy, which is available from the school office or on our website (in the policy section).
With regard to safeguarding, the advice is to think “What if I’m right?” not “What if I’m wrong?”
If you think the matter is very serious and may be related to child protection, for example, physical, emotional, sexual abuse or neglect, it is essential that you share your concerns in one of the following ways:
- 1. You can share your concerns with one of the school Designated Safeguarding Leads:
- Sally Bailey (Deputy Head Teacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Louise Norgate (Headteacher and Alternate DSL)
- Sarah Dorling (SENCO and Alternate DSL)
- If you are unable to locate them ask a member of the school office staff to find them and to ask them to speak with you immediately about a confidential and urgent matter.
- 2. You can contact the Norfolk safeguarding team (MASH) on 0344 800 8020.
Any allegation concerning a member of staff, a child’s foster carer or a volunteer should be reported immediately to the Headteacher. If an allegation is made about the Headteacher you should pass this information to the Chair of the Governing Body. Alternatively, you can contact the Local Authority Designated Officer on 01603 223473.
We work with Norfolk County Council and Norfolk Constabulary to keep children safe. Please see the link (on this page) to Operation Encompass, which explains more about a project we are involved in.