Foundation Stage Update - May 8th
- Parent Pages»
- School Archived Pages»
- Dussindale 2012/13 Archive»
- Welcome to Caribbean Class 2012/13»
- Class Letters»
- Foundation Stage Update - May 8th»
Foundation Stage Update – May 8th 2013
Game Sort Session – Friday 10th May
Thank you if you have already signed up to volunteer to help sort and tidy our Orchard Games cupboard. If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to, there are ‘sign up’ sheets on the whiteboards outside our classrooms.
Family Learning Session
Our Family Learning Session for this term will be on Thursday 16th May from 2.00 – 3.00 pm. We are planning an outdoor learning session. This will be an opportunity for you to come along for a ‘taster’ of some outdoor learning activities with your child. Siblings are welcome (although you may enjoy spending some 1-1 time with your school child). Please come to the Reception Playground gate and a member of staff will unlock at 2.00pm. At 3.00pm we will take the children inside and get them ready for ‘home time’ – you are welcome to wait in our outdoor area. If the weather looks very unsettled we may postpone this session until another day.
We love the sunshine but lots have parents have asked about sunscreen. Our advice is as follows:
- Please ensure your child has a named sunhat in school from now on.
- It is a good idea if a light rain coat can also be available should the weather deteriorate during the day.
- Please apply sunscreen before school - most good quality sunscreens last up to 8 hours; however, if you feel your child will need to reapply cream they will need to do this themselves, don’t forget to name any cream you send in!
Numbers to 20
In order for children to achieve the Early Learning Goal for Maths in the revised Early Years Foundation Stage Profile, they need to be able to count, recognise and order numbers to 20 (Previously they needed to count, recognise and order numbers to 10). We are working hard on this in school and the children are doing brilliantly. However, any extra practise at counting, recognising and ordering numbers 10 -20 will really help them. Little and often is best, too much for too long can have the opposite effect and put them off!
We are currently planning a trip for this term …. Details soon!