Dussindale Primary School opened in 2007 – at the time, the first brand new school in Norfolk for nearly 30 years. Over the last 13 years pupil numbers have grown from 62 to 372 and are still growing! Dussindale Primary School proudly offers a holistic, progressive and stimulating environment for children to deepen their learning through enquiry.
Our vision is to create a safe and inclusive learning community where all children will be motivated to achieve their potential through a voyage of discovery.
Dussindale Primary School looks forward to welcoming all pupils back to its learning community on Monday 8th March 2021.
Reception Intake September 2021
Welcome to our school video for prospective parents.
If you would like to take a look around Dussindale Primary School please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a convenient time (In line with the DfE guidelines and risk assessments; please note that these will take place after the school day).
Here is what our parents think -
“Thanks for everything this year it must have been one of the most challenging years you have come across, you and your school have done amazing you must be proud.”
“Congratulations to you, all the staff and the governors on the well-deserved Good Ofsted report. We have been very happy to see all the improvements you’ve been making and are glad to see that recognised by Ofsted. Our children have both flourished this year and we have been very impressed with the teaching teams in both Coral and Caribbean classes.”
“I just wanted to email and thank all the staff (and children) for such an amazing trip to Young Voices. It was the most incredible experience for the children and the parents …. It was really quite emotional - especially when they all put their arms round each other! … When we collected the children from school, the coach driver told me that they don’t often do school trips, but the children had been brilliant and he was really impressed"
“Just a quick email to say thank you for the help and support from Dussindale during lockdown and the amazing changes you have put into place to keep our children and families safe and to reassure us parents that the children will be safe"
“I would like to say a big thank you for the amazing work that I know you and all of the teachers at the school have been making in planning the children's return to school. As a teacher myself I know how much time and effort has gone into this and am very grateful"
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update
From March 8th 2021, following Government guidelines, we are pleased to return to opening for all pupils.
Thank you for your continued support with the COVID-19 routines. Please can we remind you of the following:
· The staggered drop off and pick up times must continue to be adhered too.
· Only one adult should bring and collect their children from school.
· The one way system remains in place, throughout the site, to eliminate groups passing on narrow pathways.
· Only send your child/ren to school with a tote bag, drawstring PE style bag or a carrier bag, please do not send in rucksacks.
· We ask all adults entering the site, including playground, to wear a face mask unless they have a medical reason preventing them from doing so.
· We would also like to highlight that the current advice is to keep the school well ventilated to minimise risk. Whilst the heating is on, the windows will be open, so children may wish to bring additional layers to wear at school.
· Staff will only set work via Google Classrooms or Tapestry for pupils whose ‘bubble’ is closed or that are self-isolating or shielding with a medical reason confirmed by a GP or hospital. Please email email@example.com if this applies to your child.
Please refer to Parent Pages - Newsletters and General Letters 2020/21 for the latest school advice letter and further information.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Sally Bailey (Deputy Head) via 01603 436180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs Louise Norgate (Head teacher) via 01603 436180 or email@example.com
Miss Sarah Dorling (SENCO) via 01603 436180 or firstname.lastname@example.org